INTERNATIONAL SUMMER SCHOOL
Workshop on REGENERATION: Project TAAR – 2
Recognition, redesign, rehabilitation
Bilateral cooperation between local craftsmen and academia
11– 21 September 2019
Tehran + Taar, Iran
What do we do?
“Workshop on REGENERATION” aims to frame the problem in the contexts of conservation, sustainability, urbanization, and development. In addition, it will investigate the possible solutions through lectures, discussions, and hands-on work.
This workshop is a start point for interdisciplinary collaboration and realistic effectiveness.
How do we do?
We make links between professionals, academicians and locals to form a bond of mutual respect and perception through an architectural intervention project. The summer school consists of two parts: lectures and hands-on workshop in village.
What do we learn?
We learn how to cooperate and trigger awareness among academy and local population through architecture.
We mainly focus on:
- social facilitation
- Traditional technics : adobe, rammed earth, reed and mud, stone and wood structure
- Arezoo Khazanbeig, Architect, Conservation
- Niloufar Ghobadi, Architect, Construction and Material Research
- Sonia Beygi, Architect, Earthen Architecture
- Nima Tabrizi, Architect, Sustainable Design
- Alejandero Garcia Hermida, INTBAU, Spain
- Raquel Pena Lopez, Terrachidia, Spain
- Carmen Moreno Adan, Terrachidia, Spain
- Shirin Farhad, INTBAU, Iran
- Mohammad Darvish, Iran
- Faramarz Pasi, Emarat-e-Khorshid, Iran
- Pouya Khazaeli Parsa, Esfahak Mud Center, Iran
- Hossein Pourahmad, Ticheng Nobandegan, Iran
- Kaveh Mansouri, IranRural, Iran
And Parisa Bahrami, Golshan Chahian, Osian Tierry, Hossein Bakooei, Hamed Abolghasemi
WHO CAN APPLY?
Applications are opened to international students (proficient in English).
Most related fields are:
– Historical conservation
– Landscape architecture
– Engineering (civil, and other related fields)
– Urban Design, Regional and Territorial planning
Students with related field of study can apply.
Graduates and young professionals are also invited to participate
If you are ready for a real hands-on work in a village and feel passionate about Regeneration concept and meet the required knowledge, please send us the following documents:
– A cover letter explaining your motivation (Persian / English – Max. 500 words)
– Micro Portfolio of your works (optional)
These documents should be e-mailed to email@example.com before August 11, 2019.
Your application will be examined by the summer school committee and admissions will be announced on August 13, 2019. Only 20 Iranian and international students will be admitted.
– LANGUAGE: English and Persian
IMPORTANT DATES AND DEADLINES:
– Application Deadline: August 11, 2019
– Admissions announced: August 13, 2019
– Final registration and payment deadline: August 27, 2019
– Summer school workshop opening: September 11, 2019, Tehran
– Summer school closing ceremony: September 21, 2019
– Exhibition: November, 2019
Registration fee: 290 €
- Online pre-payment: 20 € (before final registration deadline)
- Cash payment: 270 € (after arrival in Tehran)
– Lectures and Talk Sessions
– Sightseeing in Tehran, Kashan/Natanz, Taar
– Coffee Breaks in Tehran
– Hands-on Workshop in Taar
– Breakfast and lunch and dinner during hands-on workshop
– Accommodation in Taar (8 days) and Tehran (4 nights)
– All transportation in Taar
– Enrolment, administration registration and certification
– Closing ceremony in Tehran
Does not include:
– Flight tickets to Iran
– Meals in Tehran
– Personal travel expenses
– Travel and health insurance (Participant should provide their own insurance)
– Visa tax
Visa application procedure could be handled by SYI (contact them for further information). An electronic visa will be validated and e-mailed to students by Iran’s Foreign Affair Ministry.
A visa tax (approx. 70€) including an insurance scheme covering medical costs, should be paid by students at the airport upon arrival in Tehran.
Accommodation is organized and taken in charge for all registered students during all Summer School. During lectures (2 nights), and after workshop (1 night) accommodation at Tehran will be provided by SYI in Kojeen Hostel. During Workshop in Taar village (8 days), participants will be accommodated in restored historic houses.
A Certificate of Qualification is awarded by the scientific Chairs (University of Tehran, INTBAU, Terrachidia) to each student who will pass the summer school.
EXHIBITIONS & PUBLISHING
Results of the Summer School will be published and presented in an exhibition in University of Tehran in November 2019, and its contents will be published in a book.